Hydration is dependent on specific factors like:
- MEN requires MORE WATER for the same intensity level and duration of exercise than women. But doesn’t mean women require less water during a workout.
- People with Higher BMI need to drink more water.
- Heavier Sweater needs to drink more water, for obvious reasons.
- People with saltier sweat need to hydrate with a combination of water and sports drinks during and after exercise to avoid Hypothermia (Low blood sodium by excess water)
- Drink 1Litre of water in 1 Hr of workout.
- Drink 250ml pre-workout and 250ml post-workout.
- Always take small sips, avoid gulping a lot of water at one go.
- Do stay thirsty during your workout. Also, do not overload yourself with water.
- Use BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids) as during workout Supplementation
- Coconut water can be good replacement during workout as it contains Potassium as banana
- Avoid high glycemic index foods and sugars just after a workout.
If you like this post please Like and Share, to help me create more such content.
Please follow me on:
Thanks for your time.